The new 0.45 version of AirBuccaneers HD Alpha is out! Grab it from our download section! (You have to update, because the old 0.41 version doesn’t work any more.)
Here’s some of what’s new in this version:
- Performance improvements and bug fixes (mostly character related, some scene related)
- All players who’ve purchased and activated a game key, get friendly birds and a might shield for their character
- Happy Hours 4 times a day giving you 50 % extra experience points
- 10,000 XP Challenge
- In-game map (default key: “M”)
- Spotting to in-game map (telescope + right click when looking at an enemy ship)
- Destroy own projectiles when changing team, includes flamethrower
- Direct cannonball hit kills player and makes him a true AirBuccaneer!
- Airship boost recharge time is two times faster if the ship has been unanchored less than 60 seconds ago. This makes it reach battle faster.
- Cannons now higher and thus easier to aim
- Limp cannonballs fixed
- Chat area tweaks
- Scoring tweaked
- Tons of other things
There’s two exceptional key things in there: The 10,000 XP Challenge and Happy Hours. You might wonder what these are. We’ll here’s the story:
10,000 XP Challenge
This campaign gives you a chance to earn a Free Premium Account to the game. And by “Premium Account” we of course mean that you’ll get an Alpha key to the game for free. All you need to do in order to qualify for the free key is to Play AirBuccaneers HD and Earn 10,000 Experience Points in Two Weeks time. Your two week timer starts running the first time you log in to the new 0.45 version of the game. This campaign starts today, March 19th, and is valid through April 2012.
The map screen has a timer telling you how many days, hours and minutes you’ve got left to earn the 10,000 XP. And of course there’s a counter showing how much XP you still have to earn to gain the free Alpha key.
Happy Hours occur four times each day on random times. All Experience Points that you gather in a round during a Happy Hour is multiplied by 1.5 at the end of the round. This does not affect the team scores. Also, the round has to start and end during the Happy Hour, or the extra won’t be given out. The game has a counter in the map screen and in the round end room that shows the time remaining until the next Happy Hour starts. Or how long until it ends if Happy Hour is currently on.
And don’t forget that next Wednesday, March 21st, at 20:00 GMT+2 we have the next Devs vs. Fans Battle and the skies are once again filled with gunpowder smoke, cannonballs and the screams of the fallen. That’ll be a good place to gather some XP. More about this in this thread.
See you in the skies.